Employment Opportunity: Staff Nurse
Posted by Tyler Robinson
September 7th, 2022 - November 18th - 6:00 am
Job Title: Staff Nurse
Department/Location: Public Health Department
Reports to: Director of Nursing Services
FLSA Status: Salaried; Exempt
Prepared Date: October 2022
General Purpose of the Position: The Staff RN provides nursing care to the patients/clients as requested by the patient/client and, when required, as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the policies of the agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seeks and obtains sufficient information necessary to function effectively in the health care setting where assigned.
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
- Assesses and evaluates client needs.
- Administers medications, vaccines and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding client's condition and care/services provided.
- Use supplies and equipment effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient/client.
- Protects confidential information by preventing unauthorized release, both verbally and/or in writing.
- Is dependable and meets acceptable attendance requirements at all times.
- Complies with all policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.
- Serves as a representative of Iroquois County, demonstrating a positive attitude and progressive actions through the display of professionalism, courtesy, and appropriate tact and discretion in all interactions with other employees and with the public.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles including the Illinois Nurse Practice Act.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision, has good organizational skills.
- Possesses excellent assessment and observation skills as well as appropriate nursing judgment.
- Maintains appropriate oral and written communication skills.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured and is in good working condition. Documentation of current automobile insurance coverage is required.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, office facsimile and document imaging technology.
- Able to type at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
Education and Experience Required:
• Licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse through the Illinois Department
of Financial and Professional Regulation.
• Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
• Continuing Education as required and/or requested by immediate supervisor.
The annual minimum requirements for continuing education are 12 hours.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach over head with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to optical exposure to computer screens.
• The employee may be exposed to infectious diseases in school, community, and private property environments.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Recurrent movement in and out of automobile in outside weather conditions.
A Staff Nurse will provide nursing care per department policies and procedures, in our office Monday - Friday from 8:30 - 4:30 with 1 hour off for lunch.
Required but not limited to:
· Must be licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse through the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
· Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured and is in good working condition. Documentation of current automobile insurance coverage is required.
· Successfully pass a background check.
· Authorized to work in the United States.
Please review the attached job description for full details. Please include salary requirements and three professional references with resume.
ICPHD is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Watseka, IL 60970: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Powerpoint: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location