To provide professional and accurate service to the public; to provide safe and secure maintenance of county records; to ensure elections in Iroquois County are fair, free, and accessible; and to accurately and efficiently perform our statutory duties in all areas of the office.
Applications, Cost Lists, Links, Resources
- Laredo Agreement
- Property Fraud Alert Reporting
- Predictable Fee Schedule Legislators have recently passed HB3878 which increases the Rental Housing Support Fee by an additional $9.00. The increase affects recording fees in all 102 counties throughout the State of Illinois and will take effect July 1, 2023. Notice and Fee Schedule Effective July 1, 2023
- Marriage License Brochure
- Vital Records Guidelines
- Application for search of a birth record
- Application for search of a death record
- Application for search of a marriage record
Request an Official Record by Mail
To request a certified copy of a birth, death, or marriage certificate by mail, please print and fill out the respective form below. Please include a copy of your drivers license or State issued identification with your request, in addition to a telephone number so we may contact you if there are any questions once your request is received.
You will then need to mail your request, copy of your drivers license or State issued identification, and payment to the following address: Iroquois County Clerk, 1001 E. Grant St., Watseka, IL 60970. The request will be processed the day it is received.
Request an Official Record Online
The County Clerk’s Office has partnered with Fidlar Technologies to make requests for certified or genealogy copies of birth, death, and marriage records easier and convenient to obtain with the use of their Official Records Online (ORO) software for copy requests.
The ORO website is secure, user-friendly, and designed for use on a computer, phone, or tablet. Payment may be made at the time of the request with a credit card. The site lists the documents that are available to be requested in addition to the corresponding fee for each type of document. ORO automatically emails notifications to the Clerk’s Office for each copy requested. We will be able to receive the request and track its progress from beginning to end. There is a convenience fee charged for the service. Click on the medallion below to access the ORO website and request your official record, online.
Property Fraud Alert
What is it?
Property Fraud is when someone illegally uses your property for financial gain.
How does it happen?
Someone records a document in the County Recorder’s Office attempting to make it look like they own your home or property.
Should I be concerned?
Yes. According to the FBI, property and mortgage fraud is the fastest growing white-collar crime.
What can I do about it?
Subscribe to the FREE notification service provided by the Iroquois County Recorder’s Office at:
Or call the Property Fraud Alert Hotline at
What is it?
A secure web-based application designed for general public searches who would otherwise have limited access to the Recorder’s Office.
What are the benefits?
- 24/7 remote internet access
- Secure browser based access
- Search various parameters (Grantor/Grantee, Date Range, Legal Description, etc.)
What is the cost?
- Index/Image search - $5.95 per search **Please note: Beginning September 1, 2023 the price per search will increase to $8.75**
- Print copies - $0.50 per page
- Viewing of images is included in the per-search fee
What are the payment options?
Pay as you go with a Credit Card-Visa & MasterCard accepted.
Records begin on July 1, 1996
Click on the Tapestry link or for further info contact the Iroquois County Clerk and Recorder's office.
An account based search that allows 24 hour access to documents that have been recorded in Iroquois County.
To become a Laredo Subscriber, download the agreement, and return it with payment to the Iroquois County Recorder:
1001 E. Grant Street
Watseka IL, 60970
Please view the table below for subscription offers and cost per month:
|Minutes Per Month||Cost Per Month|