Employment Opportunities - Health Educator
Posted by Tyler Robinson
October 23rd, 2023 - November 29th - 16:04 pm
Job Title: Health Educator
Department/Location: Iroquois County Public Health Department
Reports to: Public Health Administrator
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Prepared Date: October 2023
General Purpose of the Position: The Health Educator is tasked with facilitating and executing public health education programs, public relations, and community partner relations for the Iroquois County Public Health Department (ICPHD).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates public health educational programs.
- Conducts outreach to target populations and community partners.
- Assists with management of the ICPHD website and social media accounts.
- Participates in the preparation and dissemination of health education materials.
- Conducts surveys and studies to evaluate and develop public health initiatives.
- Provide public presentations promoting public health.
- Demonstrates understanding of the organization's mission and values through behaviors which supports this.
- Appropriately represents ICPHD and Iroquois County to other groups, organizations and the general public by demonstrating a positive attitude, progressive actions, professionalism, courtesy, discretion, and tact.
- Ensures the accuracy of public information materials as appropriate.
- Protects confidential information by preventing unauthorized release, both verbally and/or in writing.
- Is dependable and meets acceptable attendance requirements at all times.
- Complies with all policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have excellent observation and assessment skills, good judgment, good oral and written communication skills and effective public relations skills.
- Demonstrates ability to establish and enhance effective working relationships with the general public, school officials, community leaders, members of the professional organizations and governmental officials.
- Possesses ability to use own initiative in planning and executing services. Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Ability to operate audio and visual equipment.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured and is in good working condition. Documentation of current automobile insurance coverage is required.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, office facsimile and document imaging technology.
- Ability to learn and utilize online portal systems.
- Able to type at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
- Social media savvy.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public health, education, nursing, or related field required.
- One year of experience in a public health related organization preferred.
- Registered Nurses are encouraged to apply.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is NOT required but is desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach over head with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to optical exposure to computer screens.
- The employee may be exposed to infectious diseases in school, community, and private property environments.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Recurrent movement in and out of automobile in outside weather conditions.